Minutes to Midnight
[wine pouring] [clink] [staticky buzzing] [electronic beeping] [tense music] [gentle music] [birds chirping] – We shouldn’t be here. This is where those people were murdered. – That is true, Emily. – Those boys, they were just kids.
They murdered the resort employees here, and the cops never caught them. – Those were just stories, Em. Listen, I pulled a lot of strings and made some calls to get us this area. – But why here? – Look around, we’re totally alone.
No distractions. It’s a peaceful place. Hey, please just trust me. – Okay. – Okay. Close your eyes. Open them. Open it. – Charlie. – Emily Hill, you are the love of my life, and I wanna spend every day with you for the rest of mine until we’re old and gray.
Will you marry me? – Yes. I love you. [tense music] [branches crackling] [birds chirping] – Be right back. [suspenseful music] [dog barking] Hello? [Emily screaming] [dramatic music] Oh, no, no, no, no, no! Emily! Emily! Emily! Emily! Emily! Emily! [Emily whimpers] [Emily panting] [dramatic music] – No.
No! [tense music] [dramatic music] [whooshing] [Charlie screaming] [Charlie panting] – No! Oh, no, no, no, no, no, no! [Charlie screaming] [tense music] [panting heavily] [liquid bubbling] [dramatic music] [drill whirring] [drill whirring] [clapping] [upbeat music] – Hey Richie, do you know where the extra tape is? – [Richie] I ain’t seen it.
[Vanessa giggling] – Stop! I promise. [Vanessa giggling] – [Heather] Darling, look at this. – [Sophia] Hi, Mr. Walters. – Sophia, it’s official, we’re closed for the New Year. Whenever you’re finished here, just lock up behind you.
– [Sophia] Yes, sir. – [Mr. Walters] Okay. – Okay. – Okay, oh. Before I forget, the, uh. – Ah, thank you, Mr. Walters. – Sophia, you’re doing a terrific job here. I thought you should know. – Thank you.
– Don’t know what I’d do with you. – [Sophia] Thank you, Mr. Walters. – Happy New Year. – Happy New Year to you too. – Bye Mr. Walters. [upbeat music] – Happy New Year. [laughing] – [Sophia] Oh no. Oh my god.
– That was– – Oh man. – [Travis] Excuse me, have you seen my brother? That’s him, Charlie. – No. – Will you just take another look? – I already told you, I haven’t seen him. I mean, what don’t you understand? We don’t need bums like you pestering people and disturbing the peace.
I think you should step back, son. [melancholic music] – Hey Taso, ease down, ease down. What seems to be the problem? – There’s no problem. I was just leaving. – Morning. – Morning, sir, excuse me. Have you seen my brother? That’s him, Charlie.
– Can’t say I have, he from here? – No, he was up here proposing to his girlfriend. I haven’t heard from either of ’em in 10 days. – It’s a small town, shouldn’t be hard to find, but it is New Year’s Eve, so anything’s possible, right? – Thanks.
– Good luck. [suspenseful music] – It’s New Year’s Eve, baby! We do gun show, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop! Gun show, shots, shots, shots, shots! Eeh, eeh, ooh, motherfuck, yeah! We do it! ♪ Ba boom boom boom ♪ – Bring it, hit me, hit me! Make it double! – Booya! – Ba boom! – For sure! – [Vanessa] Come on, have some fun with her, for once in your life.
– [Kyle] Huh? – Huh, huh? – Huh? – [Richie] Huh, huh? – Aw. – Do it! – No, no, no, no, no, I can’t do this. – Put it up, put it up! – Not while I’m, no, not while I’m on the clock. – Put it up, put it up! – Not while I’m on the clock! [pounding on door] – Shit, shit.
– Be quiet, you guys, shh, shh, just put your, put your drinks away. [Michael sighs] – Michael. – Hey, Sophia. – [Vanessa] Hey! – [Richie] Fuck. – Oh no. Oh no, ladies, ladies and gentlemen, my best friend all the way from the H-Wood, Michael Bing! Huh, huh? [Kyle laughing] Oh man! Good tan, buddy! [Richie grumbling happily] – Enough slapping.
– [Kyle] What, you’d get a tan or what? – Uh, Michael, can I, can I talk to you in private? – Yeah. – Oh shit! You’re in trouble. – What are you doing back here? – Mr. Walters gave me my job back. – ‘Cause you haven’t responded to a single text message from me in months.
– See, I, I didn’t, I didn’t know what to say. – Oh, so what, now you just come back here and we’d get back together? Is that how you thought this was all gonna go down? You know what, too little, too late.
[upbeat techno music] – Put it up. Ooh. Excuse me. – [Vanessa] Hey, everything all right? – Yeah, you know what, I’m fine, I’m fine. Yeah, you know what, um, screw it. I got the keys to the lodge. I say we party there, ya know? I know I wanna drink, you certainly wanna drink, so– – Yeah, I mean, I can have Chloe and Gabe meet us there.
Who’s car we takin’? – No one’s driving. It’s New Year’s, we should just be safe. So, I say we just walk. The lodge is close. – I don’t think– – [Sophia] Trail is nearby. – [Vanessa] I’m down. – I could certainly use a breath of fresh air.
– Whoa! [upbeat music] – It’s so crazy. It’s the alcohol, full out when you’re doin’ squats. Wild, crazy, shit everywhere, I saw it. – That’s disgusting. – I know everything’s gonna work out with you and Michael.
– Oh you do, do ya? – Yeah, that’s why Kyle and I called him. – You did what? – Yeah, we want you guys to get back together. I mean, it’s the perfect time of year for new beginnings. – You can’t just spring this one me.
– Look, I know it’s been a rough year, but a new one’s about to start. Give Michael a second chance. Come on. [speaking faintly] – [Richie] Carry a lot of books, you know, get my edumacation on. [heavy panting] I need two straps, I got a lotta books.
Uh, just, you know, the cool new. [birds chirping] [tense music] – How much farther? – It’s uh, it’s just down here, uh. – Are we lost? – No, no, no, we are, we’re gettin’ real close. We’re gettin’ real close now.
– Okay, Magellan. [sighs deeply] [tense music] [tense music] [suspenseful music] [Chloe sighs] What are you doing? – [Gabe] Well. – We are lost! – No, it’s just that all these trails, they look the same, Chloe.
– God, everyone’s waiting for us. – We’re gonna be just fine. – We are going to starve to death. – No, we’re fine. – Have you heard about the cougar problem in these mountains? – We’re gonna be all right.
– I mean, seriously, did you even bring signal flares? – Honey– – We’re gonna starve to death! – Now, relax, sweetheart– – God, you know how much I hate it when you tell me to relax. – We’re gonna get there, okay? [Chloe sighs] [whooshing] [squishes] [dramatic music] [Chloe screaming] [Travis grumbling] [faintly speaking] [panting heavily] – [Richie] Jeez, you know? Ah, got a cramp, little crampy poo.
Whole artery. – Hi! – Hey! I am so glad you made it and might I add, damn, you look hot as hell. – Is that who I think it is? – Yup. I heard she slept with Justin Anderson and his father on the same night.
– Doesn’t surprise me. – Guys, this is Tiffani. – With an i. – With the most beautiful eyes, might I add? This is Michael, Sophia, Vanessa, Heather, and my dude, Kyle. – Uh, has anybody else shown up yet? – No, why? – Um, we were just waiting on her friends, Gabe and Chloe.
– All right. Here, let me help ya out there with that. [panting heavily] Look at this dump, huh? [tense music] – You wanted to see me, Sheriff. – Yeah, that uh, that big storm is gonna hit us. I wanna get the word out.
I’ll go talk to Walters and see if we can set up an area at the hotel like we did last time. – Copy that. – Now listen, leave the poachers alone tonight. You’re my only back up, and I don’t have to rely on county.
– On a night like tonight, there’s far worse to deal with than checking hunting licenses. You know people in a storm. – Listen, you head south on Cold Creek. I’ll head north on Miller Point. We’ll meet some place in the middle.
– Copy that. [upbeat music] – [Vanessa] Who’s ready to get drunk. – Right! – Woo! – [Vanessa] We gotta get this lady. – [Sophia] What? [Sophia laughs] [Kyle laughing] – Oh yeah, look at what I found. – Thank you, thank you.
Gotta look good for my man, you know how– – Did you wear that while hiking? – Ooh, you want some? – How do you think the old man would feel about that? – Well, what he doesn’t know won’t kill him. Besides, it’s not like he comes here anymore.
– [Michael] Yeah. – We’re gonna give her a double shot here. – No! – We gotta get her drunk tonight. – No! – For sure. All the way to the top. – No, you can stop, stop, no, oh my god. – All right, ladies.
– All right. – [Vanessa] To a good night? – To New Year’s Eve. – Oh my god. – To not passing out on me like before. – Agreed. [women laughing] [upbeat rock music] – [Vanessa] Hm. – Yo, have either of you guys heard from Chloe or Gabe? – No man, you know what, relax, okay? They’re probably in the wood like bangin’ somewhere.
– Well dude, I just got this gnarly weather alert. Actually says we’re supposed to evacuate the whole area. – Oh, you got a weather alert. Oh man, that sounds serious, can I see that? – Yeah. – Can I, oh, man.
[clattering] Quit bein’ such a fuckin’ pussy, man. – Dude, I just got the upgrade. – I’m sorry, man. [upbeat music] – [Sophia] Hm. Aw man. – Sophia, the sheriff’s at the door. What do you wanna do? – [Heather] Holy shit.
– Hey. – What are we gonna do? – No, no, no, I’ll take care of it, okay? – Oh my god, we’re all gonna get fired. – Hey, just calm down, okay? – What are you doing? No. – We’re havin’ a good time, girl.
– Chill out, if you’re fired, you’re fired. Getting more drunk isn’t going to do anything. Drink it. – Oh god. – Sheriff, um, hi. – Hey. – Hey, didn’t wanna leave ya alone. – I saw the lights on. What are you guys doin’ up here? – We’re just unwinding.
It’s New Year’s Eve. – I know it’s New Year’s Eve, Sophia, but have you seen the weather report? The storm, look, you guys just gotta leave. – Sheriff– – Just do what I say, all right? – Sheriff, please, is that really necessary? – There’s nothing you’re doing that I haven’t done before.
– Then you’ll understand. – I just don’t want you makin’ the same mistakes I made. The road to hell is paved with a lot of good intentions. I’m talking to you as a friend, not the sheriff. Get out of this place.
I’m gonna come back tomorrow, and you better not be here. Got it? – Yeah. – Okay. [thunder rumbling] [electrical clicking] [panting heavily] [groaning painfully] [panting heavily] [record scratching] [killer groans] [dramatic music] [killer laughing] [Emily crying] [killer laughing] [killer yelling] [gentle music] – So? – So, the sheriff wants us to leave tonight.
I guess there’s some sort of storm coming in. – So, party’s over? – I say we stay. – [sighs] Guys, I don’t know. If we stay, we have to be gone by morning. – Come on, is that really a good idea? I mean, look, I don’t wanna get in trouble or fired.
– You wanna explain to Kyle why he has to stop drinking? ‘Cause I don’t. And besides, Michael’s in the other room. Chance of a lifetime. [Sophia sighs] – I know, you’re probably right. – So? Staying? – To staying.
– To staying. – You like Michael too? His eyes, oh my god, gorgeous. – Yo, damn, where’d you get that pic? Yo, Tiffani’s outta your league man, I’m sorry. Good man, well, hey, uh, good luck with that, huh? [Kyle groans] There he is.
Hollywood! How’s it goin’, man? – It’s goin’, man. – So, you gettin’ back together with Sophia or what? – I don’t know, it’s complicated. – Hm, hm. Yeah, well, Sophia’s changed a lot since you left. Yeah, we had to keep a pretty close eye on her.
– What do you mean? – Vanessa told me that one night, Sophia got drunk and she disappeared. Yeah, they found her on Gabe’s porch passed out. – Did anything happen to her? – No, she was okay, man, I swear.
– I know she’s been depressed. I mean, I. I just want her to be happy. – Yeah, give it some time, man. [heavy rock music] She’ll come around. – All right, enough of this. We need to drink, all right? I’m proposing a toast to my boy back from the H-Wood, Michael! Cheers! – Cheers.
– All right, son. – None for you! All right, drink up, boys! Woohoo-hoo, New Year’s Eve, motherfuckers, yeah! [upbeat music] [partiers chattering] – Happy New Year. Oh, oh ladies, ladies, I’m gonna kiss you both at midnight.
Wait for me. Oh, everybody, everybody, can I have your attention please? Happy New Year! I’m so excited to have you all here, not like you had a choice because we are locked in. It is stormin’ outside, but it’s gettin’ hot inside.
So, everybody gets to kiss whomever they want tonight because as of midnight, all your sins will be absolved. Can I get an amen? – [Partiers] Amen! – Oh, you’re all not drunk enough. Can I can an amen? – [Everyone] Amen! – Woo! [thunder rumbling] [glasses clinking] [tense music] Ow.
What the, that’s not funny. [grumbling] [screaming] [squishing] [party horn blows] [upbeat music] – Sweet! Now, we have enough players to actually do this shit. – Play what? – Beer pong, baby. You could be on my team.
– Hm. [Kyle laughing] [Richie blowing raspberries] – I told you, bro. Listen, you got a better shot with Heather, all right. Okay, she’s outta your league. – Fuck that bitch. – You just started. – Yeah.
– [gasps] Let’s take a picture together. – Uh, I’m okay. – Please, please, please. Smile. [Tiffani laughs] – Ball, baby, ball. – I think it’s time for another shot. – Wait, is that rum? – Mm-hmm. – I don’t think so, no, rum makes me sick.
– You’ll be fine. [Vanessa groans] Come on, loosen up, have some fun. – No, I’m fine, thanks sweetie. I am. – Uh oh. – Uh oh, what? – That bitch. – What’s wrong? – Tiffani with an i uploaded a photo of her and Michael.
– Are you kidding me? – Ah! – [Kyle] Yeah. Middle. – Tip. – [Kyle] Callin’ middle. – We talked about this. – Excuse me. – Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. – Michael is off limits. – [Richie] Whoa, whoa, whoa, what? – We’re friends on social media and we took a photo together.
It’s not like we fucked. – Well, you’d like that, wouldn’t you? – At least I know what I want. – Sweet! – Shut it! – Easy now, shit. – You okay? Shit. – Oh my, damn, snap, girl! – Go to hell. – [Richie] Oh god, she’s spewing.
– [Sophia] Just. – [Richie] She’s puking. Clean it up, here’s a ball. [engine rumbling] [tense music] – Sheriff Wyatt, this is Taso, come in. Concluding perimeter search of forest. So far, so good. Got a whole lotta nothin’.
[phone buzzing] Hey, honey. Yeah, I’m just finishin’ up. I should be home in an hour or so. See you soon. [gags] Oh god. [branches crack] Hey! [panting heavily] This yours? You know you’re not supposed to be out here, but I’m not gonna write you up.
Big storm comin’. So go on and take your trophy and head on home. Do you hear me talkin’ to you? [dramatic music] [squishing] – [Heather] Mm-hmm. – [Sophia] You okay? – Mm-hmm, I just wanna go to sleep.
– Okay. Okay, sit right here for a second. Let’s get your shoes off. – [Heather] I’m just gonna. [Heather sighs] – Okay, come on, let’s get you in bed. [Heather groaning] – Come on, okay. Okay, so, if you can’t make it to the bathroom, the trashcan is right here.
– [Heather] Okay. – Do you want me to wake up before the ball drops? – [Heather] Uh huh, yeah. – [Richie] Ooh yeah! – Here we go, you ready? I call this– – Ready! – I call this the hadouken. Hadouken! Ah, damn it! – I don’t know what that means, dude.
– Michael, hurry up, man, come on. – But she really cares about you. – I know she does, I care about her too. – Then go talk to her, make this right. – It’s just, we’re not in high school anymore. – Yeah, but it’s the perfect time.
[chuckles] – [Travis] Charlie! – [Richie] Some etiquette, you need some etiquette, dude. Watch this. – [Travis] Charlie! – That’s probably– – You guys, quiet, quiet. Did you hear that? – [Travis] Charlie! – What was that? [tense music] – Well, hold it, time out, man, where you goin’? – I’m gonna go see who that is.
– No, not without me, man. Hey, hey, wait up for me, okay? – Where you guys goin’? – We’re goin’ to check out the noise outside. – I heard it too. – Be careful. – Sweep the leg, sweep the fucking leg.
– [Travis] Charlie! – Who is that? Gabe, is that you? Hey, hey, what took you so long, man? Hey, is Chloe with you? – My name’s Travis Crenna. I’m looking for my brother Charlie. Have you seen him? He’s been missin’ for 10 days.
– Um. Uh. You can go inside and check with the others. – You, my friend, look like you could use a drink. Shit, we all could, right? [door creaks] – Sophia? [panting heavily] [dramatic music] [Heather gasps] [squishing] [upbeat music] – Who is this guy? – [Michael] Uh, go man.
– [Travis] Thanks. – Who are you? – Travis Crenna. – What the hell are you doing here, Travis whatever. – I’m looking for my brother and his girlfriend. This is him, Charlie, this is his girlfriend Emily.
– No, man. – Have any of you seen ’em? – No, sorry. [Travis sighs] – They’ve been missing since just before Christmas. He told me he was gonna propose to her. Just didn’t say where. – Well, I don’t see how they would be up here.
This is private property. – Emily posted on her social media they were goin’ for a hike just hours before they disappeared. I searched everywhere else in the area. This is the only spot I haven’t checked.
– This is weird. Who is this guy? – I’m surprised you guys are here. – Um, we all work in town together. – Haven’t you heard? – Heard what? [tense music] – About the murders. Some of the murders happened right here in this lodge.
The entire resort was shut down. 20 years ago, and they opened it back up after some time passed. – Uh, I don’t know, this is weird. We were never told about this. – Several employees were brutally murdered? Police investigated but the killers were never found? – Oh, dude, I am way too fucked up for your little story, man.
[Kyle laughs] – I’m scared. – [Richie] Don’t you worry, baby. Richie’s here to protect you. – Uh, you know what guys, I’m gonna go check on Heather. – I’ll go with ya. [Kyle laughs] – Heather? You okay? – Maybe we should just let her sleep it off a bit.
[thunder rumbling] – The storm’s coming in. – What are you doing? – I’m going to find my brother. – You can’t go out there, it’s a storm. – He’d do the same for me. – Gonna get yourself killed. – Hey listen, guys, there’s some weird shit goin’ on out there, okay? On my way up here, I walked through a trap, and a net fell.
– [laughing] I’m, I’m sorry, I’m sorry. Hey, uh, what’s your name again? – [Travis] Travis. – [Kyle] Travis. – Of course, right. – [laughing] I’m sorry, man. [sighs] Travis, right? Do me a favor, if you do come back, have a better attitude, pal.
You see, I don’t know if you’ve notice, but it’s New Year’s Eve, and we are trying to have a fun time, capisce? [tense music] – Dick. [thunder rumbling] – Oh yeah, uh, don’t forget to shut the door on the way out, all right? [laughing] There’s a slight breeze.
[soft guitar music] [knocking] – Sheriff, come in. [thunder rumbling] Don’t be so worried. – I’m not worried, I’m just bein’ cautious. There’s a difference. – [Mr. Walters] Sure is. – You remember that last storm we had like this one? – Oh yeah.
– A lotta people got hurt. A lotta people went missing for, for days. – I remember. – Look, I just wanna shut the town down and close things up for 24 hours. – That’s, that’s smart. Better safe than sorry, especially after last one.
– Yeah. – You remember my Laurie. – Yeah. – Wonder what she woulda done. – She woulda kept people safe. – Hey. How ’bout a short neat one for the New Year? – No, no thank you. – Sheriff, even you can indulge on New Year’s Eve.
– I don’t touch the stuff anymore. – I’m, I’m sorry, that’s right, I, I forgot. You, you were quite the wild one. – Yeah. That was a long time ago. I got responsibilities now, people that depend on me.
[thunder rumbling] But I’m gonna, I’m gonna, I’m gonna get goin’. I got a long night ahead of me. – Thanks for checkin’ in. Sheriff. By the way, I was in town today when I saw that kid giving Taso a hard time.
I’m sure with his temper, there was a fight to break up. – Yeah, you saw that? – Oh, you live in this town long enough, you’ll see just about anything. – I’m sure you do. – Be careful out there tonight.
You’ve heard the stories. – I’ve heard, goodnight. [dramatic music] – [Michael] Sophia, wait. [phone ringing] – Shit. It’s Mr. Walters. Hello, Mr. Walters? – Sophia, I heard on the news about the big storm rolling in tonight, and I wanted to make sure you’re okay.
– Oh, I’m fine, thank you. – Good, good. Well, if you’re worried or scared, don’t hesitate to call. I wouldn’t want anything to happen to you. – Oh, well, that’s very sweet of you to worry about me. – It seems like only yesterday you were delivering Girl Scout Cookies to my house.
I watched you grow up. Where has the time gone? Any problems, call me tonight, okay? I’ll be up late. You have a wonderful New Year’s. – All right, goodnight. – Goodnight. [thunder rumbling] – Do you think we’re wrong for celebrating here? – It’s a lodge, Sophia.
It’s New Year’s, can you just relax? Hey Sophia, what is that? – Hm. [tense music] Oh my god, that’s– – It’s awesome. – I mean, I was gonna say disturbing, but, uh, who do you think did that? – [Michael] I don’t know.
[thunder rumbling] [dramatic music] – Hello, can anyone hear me? – This is Sheriff Wyatt, identify yourself. – Travis Crenna. I found the ranger’s truck. It’s abandoned. Something’s wrong here. – Abandoned, what do you mean abandoned? – Abandoned, as in sitting in the middle of the road running and he’s not here, and there’s blood.
A lot of blood. And there’s drag marks and footprints. It’s at the fork on Pineman’s Ridge. – Look, I’ll be there as soon as I can. You stay put, and that means stay put. [tense music] Taso! Taso! Travis! Great.
[leaves crunching] Put your hands where I can see ’em. – It’s me, Travis Crenna. [fireworks crackling] [upbeat music] [thunder rumbling] – Let me get a second, dawg. Hey! I got a little mistletoe. How ’bout a New Year’s Eve kiss.
– That’s the East Coast feed, Richie. – Oh, fuck this. – Look, I’m sorry Richie, but you’re just not my type. – Ugh, I think you need to loosen up a little bit more, you know? Just chill out, I got it, here, here.
I think you need another cocktail. – Are you tryin’ to get me drunk? – [belches] No, I’m just tryin’ to give you a little drink. Oh shit! – Oh my god, damn it, Richie! – I am so– – You are never gonna get a girl like me with moves like that.
– I got it, I’m sorry. – And besides, that beard is gross. – What’s wrong with the beard? – It looks like something’s growing in there. – It was an accident! Jeez! [steady bass music] – I’ve been waiting for this all night.
[thunder rumbling] [Vanessa moaning] Give me so more. – Oh yeah. You gonna slap me? – You like that, you like that? [both moaning] [Vanessa panting] I need a cigarette. – [spits] Time to lose the old beard.
[Richie coughs] [thunder rumbling] I’m busy in here. – Dude, how much longer you gonna be. I need to take a shower. – It’s gonna be a little bit, all right? Go fuckin’ play with yourself or somethin’, all right? Richie’s got some work to do.
Just use the other shower. – But that one isn’t as good. – Hey, do you have any rubbers I can borrow? – Hello, who’s in there? – Oh, it’s just me, Tiffani. The guys, I was doing a lap dance for them, they spilled beer all over my shirt.
I’m just gonna take a quick shower. – Of course. All right, honey, you just clean yourself up. – I will, see ya soon. [tense music] The fuck? Ugh. [eerie music] [shoes tapping] – Hello? [floorboards creaking] Michael? Hello? Hello? Ugh! I’m sorry about that little guy.
– Okay. Okay, we’re alone. [serious piano music] Talk to me. [Sophia sighs] – Okay. – Tell me what you’re thinking. – I feel like a crazy person. I thought we had something, and then you just left and went to California and radio silenced me.
– I thought about you every day. – I thought you forgot about me. – Sophia. I’ve always loved you. [engine rumbling] – What the hell? [tense music] What the hell? [thunder rumbling] That son of a bitch.
– Leave him alone. He’s just out there looking for his brother. – I told him to leave, he’s out there. – It’s New Year’s Eve, just let it go. – Vanessa, relax, I got it, okay? Keep it warm. – Kyle! [tense music] – Where are you going? – That asshole Travis, he’s not gonna ruin my New Year’s.
– Can I come? I’m kinda bored. – Yeah sure, whatever. You can call the paramedics when I’m done with him. [Kyle and Tiffani panting] [suspenseful music] Over there! Hey! Come on, man, give it up! – Where are we? I can’t see the lodge anymore.
– I don’t know. [Tiffani panting] – [Tiffani] Kyle, let’s go back. – Not until I find this guy. I swear, I saw him come in here. [tense music] Hello? Somebody live here? – Kyle, I think we should go back.
– Ugh, it smells great in here. Too funky. What the hell? – We should really leave before whoever lives here comes back. – Hell? Ugh! Gross. Tiff, right there. That’s where the noise is comin’ from. Player.
Is this Travis’ backpack? What the hell? – Kyle, I’m serious, this place is disgusting. I’m gonna meet you outside. – Yeah, whatever. Hey, just don’t get eaten by a bear. [dramatic music] [tense music] – Oh no.
[panting heavily] – Tiffani? You okay? Tiffani? Shit. Shit. Tiffani! Tiffani! Damn it! – [Wyatt] I bet you this is where Taso was headed. – I’ve been by here, it’s nasty. – This is Sheriff Wyatt, does anyone copy? This is Sheriff Wyatt, if anyone is listening, I need backup at 544 Miller Road.
Requesting backup. [suspenseful music] [electrical whirring] No matter what happens, stay with me, all right? [dramatic music] [Wyatt coughing] Gimple? – In the flesh. – I thought you were dead. – I might as well be.
– What is going on here and where is Taso? – He’s around. – Where’s my brother? – Hey, it’s not my fault, it’s his. – Gimple, what have you done, man? – It’s time to take responsibility, Wyatt. Justice is calling.
What you and Taso and your friends did to us, me and my brother and sister. That wasn’t no prank, that was sickening. – We were just kids. – Well, there’s more than one of us. Angus and Calypso are still alive, and we’re gonna set straight! – Where’s my brother, you freak? [Gimple laughing] – I’ll make you talk.
– Yeah, look, Taso’s right over there. You can go ask him where your brother is. – Go ahead, I got him, all right? – Go ahead, go ahead. [Gimple laughing] [dramatic music] Kill him, Angus, Kill him! Get him, get him, Angus! [groaning and grunting] [Angus groans] Jesus loved you more than me! [Angus groans] [groaning and grunting] [Travis groaning] [gun bangs] [Gimple groaning] [Angus grumbling] [Travis panting] [thunder rumbling] [groaning and grunting] – Where’s my brother? [groaning and grunting] [Travis panting] Where’s my brother? [thunder rumbling] [tense music] Sheriff! Sheriff! – [Wyatt] Travis.
– Thank god. I heard a gunshot. – [Wyatt] Look, I’m locked in here. Is there anyway you can open the door from the outside? – [Travis] There’s no lock or handle. – [Wyatt] How ’bout try kickin’ it in? – Yeah, stand back.
[Travis panting] – Gimple’s dead, where’s Angus? [dramatic music] – It’s handled. – Look, there’s one more left. Do you know where the Wilson lodge is? – Yeah, the house where those kids are stayin’. – Yeah, I told those kids to get the hell outta there.
You think you can find your way back there? – Yeah, no problem. – Look, I’m gonna call for backup as fast as I can. You get back to the lodge and get those fuckin’ kids outta there, all right? – Yeah.
[suspenseful music] [thunder rumbling] – Well, I’m glad that’s over. [Sophia laughing] – You’re terrible. – Come, come here. Hey, I don’t know what I’d do without you. – Maybe we can try and make things work.
[suspenseful music] [thunder rumbling] – Is there a generator? – Yeah, but it’s out in the shed. – Come on. – To be continued. – [Michael] Yeah. – The power went out. Hello! Michael! Kyle! [Richie grumbles] Can someone turn on the fucking light? [thunder rumbling] Not exactly.
Vanessa, Sophia, anyone. – I’m in my room. The power’s out. [thunder rumbling] Jesus. – [Richie] Uh. [Richie laughs] – I’m right here. – Hey, look– – The fuck you do to your face? – I’m just makin’ like a slight facial alteration with the cream.
– Mm-hmm, so Tiffani doesn’t like beards? – Uh, look, whatever, just give me like a light bulb or something, all right? – I have a candle. – Okay? – Okay, fine. – Yeah, a candle. – Fine. – Would great.
‘Cause I gotta shave and then I’m gonna shave my balls and we’s gonna have babies tonight, me and Tiffani, like 10,000, in the butt. – Poppycock. – Anal babies, you want one? – No, I’m good, thank you.
– Why, ’cause he like to felch? – [Vanessa] Be careful, no. – Does he gargle it? – [Vanessa] Just leave me alone. – Whatever. – Hey guys! We’re gonna go out back and see if we can find the generator. [tense music] – Wait up! Not without me.
– Time to do some work. – [Micheal] Follow the leader. [thunder rumbling] Ooh, that storm is comin’ in. – [Sophia] Mm-hmm. – [Michael] Where’s the generator? – [Sophia] Uh, oh, there it is. Well, that’ll at least get us through the night.
– [Michael] Yeah. – Till the storm passes. [tense music] – This place gives me the creeps. – Super creepy. ♪ And the rockets red glare ♪ [panting heavily] What the fuck? Am I trippin’? [Richie laughing] Micheal, you son of a bitch.
You almost got me. That’s a nice little Halloween suit that you put together. [Richie chuckles] Uh, did I do something to piss you off? [panting heavily] [dramatic music] Shit! Oh hey, man, we can work this out! [squishing] [Richie groaning] [generator whirring] – Nice.
– Ew, is that a brain. [Sophia laughs] – We’re done, let’s go back to the lodge. Jesus! – Have you guys seen Tiffani? [door creaks] – [Michael] Tiffani? – Do you think she woulda come back here on her own? – [Vanessa] Tiffani! – I mean, does that sound like something she would do? – I don’t know.
– Probably fucking Richie. – [Michael] Oh my god. – Oh shit. Did we check the gas gauge on the generator? – Is there a gas gauge? – I don’t know. All right, look, why don’t you guys stay here, and we’ll go check the gas gauge.
– Sounds perfect, I’m gonna have a drink. [suspenseful music] – [Michael] Here, you go. [dramatic music] – What a night. Happy New Year’s? – Happy New Year’s. – The way I see it, there’s not really much we can do.
I mean, Sophia and Michael are looking for her. There’s no reason why we can’t have a good time. – Yeah, you know what, uh, yeah. I completely agree with you. Yeah, she’ll be fine, right? – Mm-hmm. – All right.
Round two. [metal clanking] Seriously, I’ll have this guy, I swear to god. – Kyle, Kyle, don’t. [metal clanging] – Okay, no, I need to handle this. Hey! – Kyle, Kyle, don’t. [dramatic music] – [Kyle] Where’d that bastard go? [Angus laughing] [Vanessa screaming] [panting heavily] [Vanessa screams] [Kyle screams] [Kyle groaning] – [Vanessa] Oh god, no! – Vanessa, run! [Vanessa crying] – Baby, run! [Vanessa screaming] [Kyle groaning] [Vanessa screams] [Vanessa panting] [suspenseful music] [Vanessa screaming] – What is that? [Vanessa panting] [Vanessa screams] – Please, please, I’m begging you! Help, help, help, help! Please, please.
Help, help! You don’t have to do this. Please, just leave me alone. No, no. [squishing] [panting heavily] [tense music] – Just find something. – This’ll work. [Sophia panting] [suspenseful music] – Vanessa! Heather! – Tiffani? [tense music] [door creaking] Fuck.
[thunder rumbling] Come on. – What is that? – What the fuck? [creaking] [Sophia screams] [Sophia crying] [Sophia crying] [creaking] – Oh, run, run! [dramatic music] – Oh my god, Heather? – Travis! – Wait, it’s not what you think.
[Michael grunting] [Sophia gasps] I came back to warn you. [Michael grunting] Stop! Listen! [Angus growling] [Sophia whimpering] [Sophia panting] [Sophia whimpering] [creaking] [shoes tapping] [tense music] [door clicks] [Sophia panting] [wood cracking] [Sophia screaming] [Sophia panting] [Angus panting heavily] [Angus growling] [Sophia screaming] [thunder rumbling] [Sophia coughing] [Sophia panting] [thunder rumbling] [Sophia coughing] [Sophia groaning] [Sophia panting] [suspenseful music] [Angus panting heavily] [Sophia groaning] [Angus grunting] [Sophia whimpering] [Sophia screaming] [Sophia whimpering] [electrical whirring] – [Sophia] Please let me go! [Sophia crying] [Angus panting heavily] [Sophia whimpering] [Angus grumbling] [somber music] [electrical whirring] [Sophia whimpering] – Happy New Year, son.
I got you something special, all sorts of goodies, including your favorite, chocolate chip muffin. [Angus panting] [Sophia crying] [creaking] – I’ll make you a deal. I’ll take off the gag if you promise not to scream.
It would serve no purpose and no one would hear you, we’re so high in the mountains. Okay? [Sophia whimpers] Angus. [Sophia panting] Get the others, son. – Why, Mr. Walters, why? – Hold that thought. [Sophia whimpering] [thunder rumbling] [Travis groaning] [Angus groaning] [Emily and Tiffani whimpering] – Tiffani? [Tiffani panting] [Travis groaning] [Travis yells painfully] [Travis panting] [Travis groaning] [suspenseful music] – Oh, oh, oh, fuck.
Sophia! – [Sophia] Michael! – Don’t touch her, you freaks. [tense music] Get away from me, you crazy bitch! Oh fuck! – Thank you, Calypso. [Sophia panting] Welcome. We’re all assembled. – [Michael] Oh, please, please.
[Michael whimpering] – Sophia, of course you remember Tiffani. This is Emily Hill. I was feeling a bit of a festive mood, so I gave her fiancé the keys to the property and he’s dead now. [Sophia and Emily whimpering] You dropped this.
You should be more careful with your possessions. Sophia, if you would be so kind. Thank you. This is a 15-minute hourglass. That’s how long this conversation will take and that’s precisely how much time you have to finish that entire bottle of whiskey.
Please note that’s it’s minutes to midnight. [Sophia whimpers] – But there’s no way that I can finish all this. – No. – I’ll die. – Sophia, uh, one of them will die. [Sophia whimpering] You could save their lives.
You’ve got 15 minutes. [dramatic music] [women whimpering] – [Michael] Sophia! [Sophia coughing] – Drink, Sophia. It’s a continued resolution that I renew every year to dispose of the young filth that contaminates our community.
Sophia, you’re not the sweet and innocent girl that I once knew. [Sophia coughing] But you’re all the same, reckless and irresponsible, just like those degenerates who picked on my kids. Laurie would be ashamed.
[women whimpering] Do you know how my wife died? It was New Year’s Eve. Wyatt, Taso and a bunch of their drunk friends chased my kids into a condemned building. Laurie went in to protect them. The building collapsed on her and killed her.
Angus, Calypso, and Gimple were innocent. Everyone thought they were killed. Drink it! [women crying] Time is almost up. Angus, show them. It’s okay, son, go ahead. [Sophia gags] They were continuously ridiculed and picked on for their looks.
[Michael whimpering] [women whimpering] You’re not doing very well, Sophia. Time’s up. [Sophia gagging] [tense music] [Sophia whimpering] Who’s it gonna be, Sophia? – Please don’t do this, don’t make me choose.
– You choose or I will. – No. – Why don’t we let Angus decide. [Sophia whimpers] [Emily yells] [women whimpering] – She doesn’t deserve to die. – Last words? [Tiffani crying] – I’m sorry. [Sophia crying] [Tiffani whimpering] [Sophia crying] – Who’s next.
[tense music] [Angus panting heavily] [Emily whimpering] [Sophia coughing] – Pick me. – That’s very honorable of you. [Emily and Sophia crying] – [Calypso] Dad! [bangs] – Hey! [gun bangs] [gun bangs] [Angus groans] [dramatic music] [groaning and grunting] [Travis groaning] [groaning and grunting] [Travis grunting] [Travis screaming] [Michael groaning] [groaning and grunting] [Travis panting] The fuck! [groaning and grunting] [Travis panting] [Angus groaning] [Travis groaning] [Calypso panting] [Emily panting] [sullen music] – You sick son of a bitch.
– Sophia! [Sophia coughing] [Sophia crying] [mellow music] You’re okay. [Sophia whimpering] – Charlie? [Sophia panting] – Let’s go, the sheriff is on his way. [Sophia groans] Hey guys, guys. [Sophia panting] No.
– [Emily] Sophia. [Sophia whimpering] – [Michael] Thought I’d lost you. – Oh, Michael. – Hey. – [Wyatt] Travis! – Almost here, come on. – Where’s Angus? – Right side’s clear, Sheriff. – Left side clear.
– Come on guys, you’re safe to go. [Sophia panting] [tense music] [Angus growling] [gun bangs] – [Officer] Sheriff, Sheriff! [dramatic music]