ASMR Skin Care Routine ft Jessica Alba
– Welcome to “Skin Care with Hyram”. If you don’t know who I am, my name’s Hyram and I’m passionate about teaching you how to perfect your skincare routine and today I have the one, the only Miss Jessica Alba here.
Woo-hoo! – Hi! Thank you for having me! – Thank you so much! Of course, thank you so much for coming on my channel. This is going to be a hilarious video because neither of us like ASMR videos. (Hyram giggles) – It’s so awkward! It’s like so cringy and so awkward! We’re gonna do a morning skin car routine, all ASMR.
Let’s just jump right in! – Awesome! – This is my every day skincare routine. I literally get out the bed and before I can even see straight, stumble into the bathroom and I put on my face mask. It’s kinda like a morning smoothie for your face.
– That sounds great! I feel like the face mask is the perfect thing to properly wake me up because, I don’t know about you, but I’m not a morning person. – Oh, no, no, no! (Hyram giggles) – Is it going to be the Prime + Perfect Face Mask? – Yeah, we’re going to do the Prime + Perfect Face Mask.
(bottle tapping) And I use a pretty generous amount. – Okay, I’ll match you. – Yeah. (lotion splashes) – I can’t hear anything. – Normally I don’t really hit my face but it’s ASMR, so. – Well, as we go through this routine, I’d love to ask you some questions and talk a little bit more about, because let’s be honest, Honest Beauty has become such an iconic brand in the skincare space and your success is so inspiring.
I would love to, if it’s okay with you, ask you questions and delve into what it’s like building a brand based off of such transparency. That’s like hard to find in the industry, if you’d like to open up about it.
– Thank you, first of all, for having me on your channel and to talk about the skincare, because it is, I think, the foundation of really everything. It doesn’t even matter what makeup you have if you don’t have a great foundation for anything to go on your face.
So it really does start with that skincare moment and I would say 2020, I upped my skincare game just because it was also my self-care time. Self-care, self-love, yes, bring it! All of it! While this is sitting on my face in the morning, I do like to put the Calm + Heal Melting Balm, just around my eyes, and then the Magic Balm on the lips.
Just get a little dab and (fingers tapping) and it melts really nicely! So you’re sort of multi-masking. – Which is great because the balm is allantoin-based, right? – There is allantoin and mondo grass in the ingredients.
– Which is great for conditioning that under-eye area, trapping in water to make sure you’re not losing water through your skin. – You do not want to look dehydrated as long as humanly possible. – I always admire people look really beautiful when applying their skincare because I’m always over here like.
– Oh, what? Oh, come on! So, starting a skincare brand and launching a skincare brand and a beauty brand, frankly, that has integrity, I knew it was rare and I knew it was a really unique thing to do just because I didn’t see it in the marketplace.
I think most people don’t realize that even the quote unquote clean skin skincare brands or they say “minimal ingredients”, they still use a lot of petrochemicals. People also think that vegan is a thing.
It’s a thing if you are using good quality ingredients but just using a bunch of synthetic chemicals that are cheap to source is not necessarily going to make your skin health better. – One of the reasons I was actually attracted to Honest Beauty in the first place was seeing the accessibility in your formulas.
When I see a brand to be that mindful about accessibility, it makes me trust them more because I know that they’re looking out for everyone on every level rather than just doing it for marketing sake, if that makes sense.
– When I had the idea to create Honest Beauty, or Honest Company, the whole philosophy was I wanted to build a brand that you can trust. – That’s another thing, too, that’s really big on my channel is how can I make my recommendations as affordable as possible? – Why is affordability something that’s so important to you? – When I first entered the skincare world, I didn’t have a lot of money, but it was, the message was always promoted that if you want good skin you have to invest a lot of money into your skin care products.
I started seeing younger and younger teenagers commenting on my videos saying, “I don’t have a lot of money to spend, but I want to start taking care of my skin. Can you start making more affordable recommendations?” And I had this epiphany to where I realized, no one should feel excluded from being able to access skincare simply because of the job that they happen to have.
– Right, right! – You know? No one deserves to be excluded. It’s for everyone and rather than focusing solely on affordability, it challenged me to always make sure that in my recommendations and in my videos, I’m always including products that will be as effective at an affordable price as they would be at a more expensive price, just to be more mindful, so that’s really why it’s important to me.
– I feel like this mask is ready to come off! I’m going to get some warm water. – Do you usually like to soak a washcloth and remove it that way? – I use these sponges or a washcloth (water drips) – Do you keep the mask right next to your bed? – I don’t, but I should.
That would be even more efficient and this mask, it feels like you got an exercise on your face. Your pores look tighter and smaller and feels like glowy skin. – I like this one because it doesn’t leave my skin dry afterwards.
It’s that stripped feeling. Are you ready for cleanser? – [Jessica] Yeah, let’s get into cleanser. Okay, so now we’re going to do the Calm On Foaming Cleanser. (lotion clicking) – The Calm line is my favorite line from the brand.
– Oh, thank you! – Because the, I just loved the ingredients and I love how nonsensitizing the formula, well, calming, the formulas are. (water drips) (both giggle) I love that there’s the conversation around moisture barrier and protecting it and how that’s becoming trendy ’cause I know this is the newest launch.
– Yeah, yeah! – Melting Balm, which in my opinion is amazing for protecting the moisture barrier. Is that what you were wanting to focus on? – Yeah, absolutely! And also, protecting the moisture barrier, really, with the entire line.
That’s what the Calming Phyto-Blend and the amino acids that are in these products, even with the Calm & POREfect Serum, which is the next step. Normally people with sensitive skin don’t even get to do any kind of resurfacing and you can do it in a really gentle way.
– It’s hard to find a cleanser that’s going to effectively cleanse your skin but also not strip your moisture barrier. – Next, you’re probably gonna use The Daily Calm Lightweight Moisturizer but I’m gonna use the Calm + Heal Melting Balm and just where you get your dry moments on your face, you can then go in and just put a little bit of the Melting Balm in those areas.
– Do you have any particular method that you apply your skincare, ’cause I don’t? – I don’t either. Sometimes I do like dabbing. – Yes! – Sometimes I rub and I do up! Now, I’m going to go in with The Daily Calm.
What I like about this is it has these crystals, liquid crystal, so it’s sort of seals the face. – Living in Hawaii, it’s so humid here, so usually moisturizers, they’re tricky, because you’d sweat them out so quickly.
You’d just with- – I know why, yeah. – Yeah. – That’s why it’s nice having this moisturizer. It will upgrade that barrier. Okay, so next the Everything Matte Primer. – I have not tried this one yet. This is my first time trying this! – I got all of my actors and actresses to use it on “L.
A.’s Finest” and the makeup artists love it! – If anything I’ll do some translucent powder to control the oil. I think I’m too lazy for makeup. – This is a nice alternative to translucent powder. – I love having my skin balanced between hydrated but matte.
– So, you don’t really suffer from under eye circles, but I do so Honest Bright Eyes, it’s made to, basically, a water-based moisturizer with pigments to counter blueness. It’s not like wearing makeup and it just counters, redness, blueness.
– Yes! Which I definitely struggle with redness. – And it’s a water-based so it’s not oily. – It feels nice. It just has like this slight correctiveness. – If you find that you’re getting a little bit of that sheen from this, you can use the Matte Primer and go right over it again.
It’s okay to layer it a little bit. I don’t know if you’re a big proponent of mists, but this one actually calms redness and it kind of feels like a little spa moment. – Because I have oily skin, I’ve never personally been super attracted to a mist because I’m just like, “I do not need more hydration or more moisture on my face” but I see how they’re beneficial to people with drier skin.
(mist squirts) – See, I’m not a glamorous spritzer! (Jessica laughs) (bottle clicks) Oh, it’s really light! – [Jessica] All right, and then last piece is the Magic Balm. – I remember this from your skincare video when I was reacting to your video and I thought this was such a cool idea because it’s like a multipurpose if I remember right.
– It’s great because lips, flyaways, cuticles, high points of your face, it really assists nice everything. – Well, in high spots I get these patches that, no matter what, will never moisturize. I feel so hydrated! – What’s nice about these products is you are hydrated, but you’re not putting a bunch of oils on your face.
All right? – This was so much fun! Thank you so much! – Yeah, thank you! – For leading me through this routine. It’s not often that I get to be led through a skincare routine. (both laugh) – And we had matching robes! – I know and it has my name on it! It’s so cute! I love it! It’s adorable! If you guys do want to see another video where we get into a little bit of my story and we do a whole nighttime skincare routine, go over to Jessica’s channel.
We’re going to be doing a video there where it’s going to be all about relaxation and basically making our own little spot, as we talk about my path, your path, what being online is like, all that kind of stuff! Thank you so- – Yeah, we’re gonna spill the tea on your journey and all the things! (Hyram giggles) – Gonna spill the tea on me! It’s gonna be crazy! Thank you so much, Jessica, for coming on my channel.
It’s been so much fun to have you and I’m so, so honored and keep doing an amazing job with your brand and with pushing for accessibility and affordability and all those principles that we were talking about.
I think it’s awesome, so thank you! – Thank you for having me! – And if you guys haven’t already be sure to subscribe to my channel and hit the notification bell so that you can see my videos every single week and I’ll see you in the next one! Bye! – Bye! (upbeat music)